CARDIAC VASCULAR SENTRAL (KUALA LUMPUR) - CVSKL is subject to the personal data protection principle under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereafter referred to as PDPA) with effect from 15 November 2013, which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, The terms, “personal data”, “processing” and “commercial transactions”shall have the meaning provided in the PDPA.
It is obligatory that you supply us with your personal data. If you fail to supply us with such personal data, we may not able to process and / or disclose your data for the purposes as provided in item C) below. This Personal Data Notice applies to any person whose personal data is belong processed by CVSKL. We Wish to inform you how your personal data is being processed by and on behalf of CVSKL
- Sources of the Personal Data
Your sources of data are collected from various sources, including information you have provided us, information from third parties and information in the public domain
- Description of the Personal Data
Your personal data processed by CVSKL may include, where relevant:- Name, date of birth, identity card or passport, name of employer / company, home, and office address, telephone / handphone number, facsimile number, email address, occupation, age, gender, marital status, weight, height, photos, race, nationality, religion, family and next of kin information, medical check-up results, medical records, medical records number, medical reports, diagnosis, personal health records, criminal history investigation results, insurance details, and any other personal data required for the processes set out in purpose of the personal data.
- Purpose of the Personal Data
Your personal data may be processed for the following purposes,
- For medical and healthcare services
- To facilitate the patient’s personal needs
- To establish and manage medical records and medical reports
- To facilitate payment process relating to the patients
- To institute debt recovery proceeding against defaulters
- To report the personal data to the relevant authorities and / or third parties under the governing laws relevant to the healthcare industry
- To share the personal data within CVSKL Management and its related companies as defined in the Companies Act 1965
- To market and advertise, analysis and improvement
- To administer and respond to request, queries, complaint and legal issues
- For education and training
- For any other purpose that is incidental or furtherance to the above purposes.
- Disclosure of the Personal Data
Your personal data may be disclosed to the following parties, where: -
- Healthcare professional (as defined in PDPA)
- CVSKL and its related companies
- Government agencies, local authorities, non-government agencies
- Paying and Insurance agents
- Debt collection authorities and agencies
- Financial Institutions
- Legal Firms
- Other private & public hospitals, or other healcare providers
- Training providers
- Family and next of kin
- To such parties as may be permitted under the law of Malaysia
- To such parties as may be required by law, court, regulator or legal process to disclose
- Any person which Cardiac vascular Sentral Kuala Lumpur (CVSKL) may deemed necessary.
- Access and Update the Personal Data
CVSKL shall do the best to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate, complete, not misleading and up-to-date. If there are any changes to your personal data, or if you believe that the personal data we have about you in inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date your personal data please contact PDP Officer, MR KHAIRULNIZAM at 03-22767000 (ext 0003) to update your data immediately.